- HBO ,
- Ensure site (allocated sites) compliance with applicable regulatory authorizations or permits. More specifically to review, assess, submit or modify authorizations or permits pertaining to MOT, GMO, ICPE.
- Ensure Biological & Environmental permit conditions and reporting requirements are met.
- Coordinate regulatory agency inspections for biological/chemical laboratories, occupational health
- Establish a control process for biological agents or samples used on site and review/approve incoming materials / samples to ensure bio safety or bio security compliance
- Carry out the role and duties of site biological safety officer.
- Participate as subject matter expert on the Life technologies global bio safety committee
- Conduct environmental health & safety training for all employees
- Conduct periodic inspections to ensure that laboratory EHS standards are routinely met.
- Inform management of any unsafe acts, conditions, or significant exposure that may lead to ill-health or injury.
- Investigate accidents, injuries and incidents involving biological agents. Report to management and Life technologies
- Implement action plans from recent site EHS assessments.
- provide input with respect to the potential for adverse health effects from biohazardous agent use, the feasibility of prophylaxis, and the need for health surveillance
- Consult appropriate occupational health physicians to establish and maintain a health surveillance program to ensure that Manufacturing and R&D employees receive any necessary medical surveillance
- Develop emergency plans for handling accidental chemical or biological material spills and personnel contamination. and investigating accidents involving biological agents .
- Validate methods for elimination of biowaste and train employees on those methods
- Bachelor Degree (for instance: Biology, Food, Microbiology)
- English and Dutch or French
- EHS education such degree in EHS / Risk Management/ Nebosch/ IOSH or equivalent (nice to have)
- Lean / PPI experience (nice to have)
Open, loyal Person looking for improvements and is able to influence in te organization matrix.